Students in the 3:3:1:1 Bachelor of Arts (General) programme will take courses from the same Syllabus as those in the B.A. (History) programme, but the course loading and options (concentrations) will vary.

Students enrolled in the structured and discipline-specific Bachelor of Arts (History) will drop the 3:3:1:1

B.A. (General) pattern. The B.A. (General) programme will therefore be offered in the 3:3:1:1 degree pattern only, totaling at least fifty-four (54) CFs of History courses. They shall also take a total of 9.5 CFs of Common Core Courses.

Besides imparting knowledge, skills and attitudes relevant for life in a globalized world, the B.A. (General) programme aims at inculcating patriotism in the students while fostering international understanding.

Specifically, the programme endeavours to: 2.1 Impart in the students broad and balanced knowledge of the human past. 2.2 Introduce the students to the key theories and methods of General as an academic discipline.

2.3 Sharpen the students’ intellectual skills so as to facilitate their analysis and mastery of affairs in Kenya, Africa, and the rest of the world. 2.4 Induct the students into the various aspects of General for possible specialization.EntryRequirements

To be eligible for admission, the applicants must satisfy the general University requirements. In addition, the applicants must have taken General and Government in Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education examination and obtained a minimum grade of C+, or the equivalent in other examinations. Applicants with a Diploma in the Arts are eligible for admission provided that they passed with a ―Credit‖ or higher.

Additionally,theymusthaveobtainedatleasta―Credit―inGeneral.Suchstudentsareallowedtotransferup to thirty percent (30%) of the B.A. (General) Credit Factors from credits earned at the Diploma level in accordancewiththeSenate-approvedguidelines.ThereisaMatureAgequalifyingschemeforadmissionfor full- and part-time students. The requirements are as specified in the University Statutes. The Department reserves the right to set a special entrance examination and/or conduct interviews of applicants as individual cases mayapply.

Any applicant who meets the minimum entry requirements for admission into the University may be admitted into this programme. Admission may be granted to Diploma holders with at least a credit or its equivalent in criminology or related areas or Police Science from recognized institutions

The B.A. (General) is a structured and discipline-specific curriculum. The novelty of the programme is that the specialty ―General‖ shall be designated on the degree certificate to be awarded. Consequently, eighty percent (80%) of the Credit Factors (CFs) shall be drawn from General. The remaining twenty percent (20%) of the CFs are taken from disciplines other than History in order to expose the students to a well-rounded programme of study.

Full Time  Ksh – 68,500 per Semester

Online Learining (Odel) – Ksh – 54,500 per Semester

Applications should be on official forms available at Tharaka University College in Gatunga; Non-refundable fee of KES 2,000 for postgraduate courses degree, and diploma programmes and KES 1,000 for certificate courses to be deposited in the following accounts:

Bank Name        Account Name:   Branch       Account Tharaka University


Co-operative      Fees   Collection  

Bank                     Account                 Chuka       0112972400000

Equity Bank        Fees   Collection   Chuka      021 0277753588


KCB Bank           Fees   Collection   Chuka       1240985967


How to Apply?

Reach out admission Office via 0721839583 or 0703684570